Following on from the success of debut mixtape 'Blue Battlefield' earlier this year, Family Tree's Merky Ace is back with 'Catch Up', a 10 track EP set for release on December 12th. Featuring some excellent production from fellow FT members Faze Miyake and Splurt alongside True Tiger's Sukh Knight, Flava D and Ipswich's Neon Beats, 'Catch Up' is further evidence of Merky's transition from promising emcee to dominant voice of an increasingly competitive scene. Numerous radio appearances throughout the year, particularly one memorable slot on Logan Sama's 'After Hours' segment in July, have also all but confirmed him as 2011's most consistent emcee. Uncle Albert recommends 'Everytime' and '1 Spliff' in particular although 'Catch Up' is a solid offering throughout.
You can preview the EP via YouTube:
& then download via ITunes and Amazon as of 12/12/2011.
1. Catch Up (Prod. Faze Miyake)
2. Everytime (Prod. Flava D)
3. 1 Spliff (Prod. Sukh Knight)
4. Grime Scene Undertaker (Prod. Flava D)
5. Think You Know Me (Prod. Relentless)
6. Aim & Bang (Prod. The Killa Omen)
7. Lead feat. Ego (Prod. Splurt Diablo)
8. £200 (Prod. Splurt Diablo)
9. Easy (Prod. Neon Beats)
10. War feat. M.I.K (Prod. Splurt Diablo)
Merky Ace: https://twitter.com/#!/MerkyACE
Family Tree: http://familytreeofficial.blogspot.com/