Tectonic Recordings founder Pinch is to release an exclusive collection of non-label tracks and remixes next month entitled 'Pinch: MIA 2006-2010'. Despite almost six years passing since the release of his debut album 'Underwater Dancehall' back in 2007, Pinch has remained vastly influential, not only presiding over Tectonic's progress but also working on a slew of material for other leading artists and labels alike. MIA is therefore something of a testament to this and incorporates a number of forgotten gems, with each track carefully selected to document phases in Pinch's long and esteemed production career. For anyone with an interest in furthering their understanding of contemporary dance music's formative years, this is an essential purchase.
'Pinch: MIA 2006-2010' will be available to buy on CD / digitally from November 19th.
1. Qawwali VIP (Planet Mu ‘06)
2. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Ghaudi ‘Dil Da Rog Muka Ja Mali’ [Pinch Remix] (Six Degrees Records ‘07)
3. Chamber Dub (Soul Jazz Records ‘07)
4. Cave Dream (Planet Mu ‘07)
5. 136 Trek (Punch Drunk ‘08)
6. 30Hz ‘Mutate(d)’ [Pinch Re-Work] (Lot49 ‘08)
7. E.motive (Planet Mu ‘08)
8. Motion Sickness (Tempa ‘08)
9. Attack Of The Giant Killer Robot Spiders (Planet Mu ‘09)
10. Henry & Louis ft Steve Harper ‘Rise Up’ (2Kings ‘09)
11. Elements (Swamp 81 ‘10)
12. Emika ‘Double Edge’ [Pinch Remix] (Ninja Tune ‘10)
- Deserted Island (Previously unreleased bonus track ‘04)